Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

So, it seems today is Top Ten Fictional crushes! What could be more fun! Who needs movie stars when you have YA lit?!?! Here's my top ten list! These are sort of in order, but they tend to switch places depending on my mood!

1. Jace Wayland (Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare) Ummm, yeah, who doesn't like their fictional boys angsty, secretive, tattooed, and protective. Give me Jace ANYDAY over anyone in Hollywood right now!

2. Ren (Nightshade by Andrea Cremer) Team Ren all the way!!! Though I did like Shay, in my eyes there is only Ren!

3. Archer (Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins) Oh Archer!!! There's so much too you that we don't know yet! I loved you in Hex Hall (oh my that cellar scene gets me everytime) and again in Demonglass. Though, I do have some questions about you! Can't wait to find the answers to my questions in HH3!

4. Peeta (Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins) Sweet, sweet Peeta! Who doesn't need a guy willing to die for you and face the wrath of the capital just to keep you safe!

5. Hale (Heist Society by Ally Carter) Hale is the ultimate sexy! He's a suave, cool thief! He's straight out of a dream!

6. Will (Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) He's a mean boy with a secret past! Enough said!

7. Bennet (Haunting Emma Series by Lee Nichols) I just read this series! Bennet is your older brother's best friend that you've always had a crush on!!! How can anyone say no to that?!?!

8. Catcher (Forest of Hands and Teeth Trilogy) The broken boy who needs fixing, who is off limits because his blood could be dangerous! Yes, please!!!

9. Daniel (Fallen series by Lauren Kate) Lifetime after lifetime of trying to save the girl he loves, he's perfect!!!

10. Jules (Die for Me by Amy Plum) Boy oh boy, I cannot wait for more of Jules! With Paris as a backdrop, Jules is an immortal who spends eternity sacrificing himself in the place of other people. Parts of who Jules really is-is still a mystery but I'm guessing he's going to be amazing come Until I Die! Oh la la!!!

And the honorable mentions are Cassel from Curse Workers series by Holly Black, Jem from Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, St. Claire from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Gale from Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Lucas from Starcrossed by Josie Angelini and Will from Firelight by Sophie Jordan. Whew, that was hard to pick between all the amazing characters that are out there right now in YA lit. Hope you guys have as much fun reading this as I had making this list!