Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!) 


 Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

                    Spring was coming to life in St. Petersburg.  Everything was starting to awaken out of the cold, sleeping earth.  Including things that should have remained deep asleep.
                    Princess Cantacuzene had told me of the folk tales that said vampires rose out of the earth in the spring and stalked the living between those two holy days: St. George's Day in April and St. Andrew's Day in November.  But I knew now that this was just a silly superstition.  They stalked us all year round. (ARC p290)

                    
            As I was dancing in his arms, I realized that I had fallen in love with someone else.  Someone who most likely hated me more than anyone else in the world did.  I wanted to die.  (ARC p262)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I just finished this fantastic book!  It's so different from anything else I've read in YA fiction. If you're a fan of movies like Anastasia or Dr. Zhivago, you're gonna want to check this one out! Review coming soon!