Saturday, May 5, 2012

Until I Die by Amy Plum

Until I Die by Amy Plum
ARC received from Harper Collins via Edelweiss Above the Treeline
Release Date:  5-8-2012
Reviewed by:  Middle Sis Jenn
The Sisters Say:  Dazzling, Dynamic, and to Die for!

Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.




I must implore, read Until I Die
On May 8th, it’s out to buy
In this book, secrets you will learn
Will the Revenants world live or burn?

And what about Vincent, the sexy guy?
How many times will he have to die?
And what about Kate, can she take the pain
Of seeing her lover constantly slain?

Then there’s Ambrose, Gaspard, and Jules
Will the Numa play them all for fools?
Of course dear Georgia we can’t forget
Will her judgment still be a threat?

All these answers I promise you shall find
Though you may not get your peace of mind
For with the truth come more whys?
Read for yourself and discover the lies.


I was fortunate enough to receive an arc of Until I Die from Edelweiss Above the Treeline, and I started reading it the moment it downloaded.

It actually started out pretty slow with most of it focusing on character development--I even got discouraged at one point because I felt like nothing was happening. But I am SO GLAD I kept going--it really starts to pick up near the middle, adn from that point, I just had to know what was going to happen.

Amy Plum did an excellent j
...moreI was fortunate enough to receive an arc of Until I Die from Edelweiss Above the Treeline, and I started reading it the moment it downloaded.

It actually started out pretty slow with most of it focusing on character development--I even got discouraged at one point because I felt like nothing was happening. But I am SO GLAD I kept going--it really starts to pick up near the middle, and from that point, I just had to know what was going to happen.

Amy Plum did an excellent job of providing twists and turns--I mean, there were parts I never would have seen coming! Any time I tried to predict what the bad guys were up to, I was proven wrong. And even more interesting, Amy Plum doesn't even reveal who the antagonist is until the very end--another surprise I didn't see coming!

Why should you read this book?

1.) If you loved Vincent in the first book, you will truly love him in Until I Die. He is even more sexy, more mysterious, and more protective.  I just love how hard he tries to keep Kate happy—even if it hurts him.

2.) You will learn even more about the Revenants--secrets they hide and prophecies they believe.  You get bits and pieces of their history as the story unfolds.

3.) You will get to know the characters even better. I really think my favorite part of Amy Plum's Revenant series is the deepness of her characters. She knows how to write so that you feel like you know her characters--even the ones that aren't focused on like Gaspard, Jean-Baptiste, and some of the other revenants. I loved getting to know Ambrose and Jules more in this one--full of loyalty, trust, and charisma.

4.) And finally--the cliffhanger ending. I had to reread the last page a few times to see if I missed anything because I quite literally wanted to fall to my knees and scream, "You can't end there!" 2013 can't come soon enough!

5.) The new characters!  There are a few new characters that play a large role in this book, and I really enjoyed seeing how other Revenants act, speak, fight, etc.  We are used to the Paris revenants, but in this book we get to see some from other parts of the world.

I do wish there would have been more romance between Kate and Vincent.  Don’t get me wrong, the romance is there, but it felt a little lacking, like it didn’t progress much from book 1.  I wanted more of those secret moments where he touches her cheek and her stomach rolls; more of those kisses that just take your breath away; more of those oh la la moments that make you wish you were Kate!  Hopefully, Amy Plum will go all out in the next installment (If I Should Die).

So finally, I urge you to push through the slower parts in the beginning because it is definitely worth it to see how the rest of the story unfolds!!!!!!