Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
HarperTeen
February 5, 2013

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"It's just a whisper of a kiss but something collapses in my skull.  It's a feather-light brush of his mouth against my skin in a place I can't quite see.  It's my mind speaking in a thousand different languages I don't understand."  ARC, pg. 403
"Maybe I'm just supposed to die."  ARC, pg. 199

"Sticks and stones keep breaking my bones but these words, these words will kill me."  ARC, pg. 279

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I feel like Tahereh Mafi knew exactly what to say in that last quote.  I mean, seriously, her words are so great they kill me!  After reading Unravel Me, I find myself so awed that I can't even begin to describe what this book will do to you.  If you were able to stand on a star and look around at the wonder that is our galaxy, it still wouldn't compare to Unravel Me!  Mafi's words are chilling, and they will cut you straight to  your heart.  Don't miss out on this one guys!