Sunday, June 30, 2013

Match 17: Alex (6) vs. Noah S. (7) goes to Noah!


Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's 3rd Annual YA Crush Tourney!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am EST every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Winner of Match #17 is Noah Shaw!



Alex from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Hola, book lovers! I'm Rachel from Beauty and the Bookshelf, and I'm honored to be an advocate in the YA Crush Tourney this year! I know I'm biased, but I really, truly love my crush; he's one of my top book boyfriends! I hope you've got a fan ready to cool you down and 911 on speed dial, because you're about to meet...
Alex Fuentes
He's the lead male in Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, and he's muy caliente. Alex is made up of several different aspects, and in the end he'll steal your heart and take your breath way. If you've already met Alex, then you probably know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, then you're about to find out. He's the boy your madre warned you about. But beware: the following text is highly flammable.
This is Alejandro Fuentes. When he wasn't hanging out on street corners and harassing innocent people this summer, he toured the inside of jails around the city, if you know what I mean. His secret desire is to go to college and become a chemistry teacher.
Cocky
Alex has his issues--he's in a gang, he's trying to keep his younger brothers out of the gang, his family doesn't have a whole lot of money--but he hides that. He does his best not to show weakness, so instead he emanates confidence like it's a cologne he's wearing. Sometimes it smells vial, and sometimes it smells mouth-watering, and that's when the good, light-hearted cockiness makes an appearance.
“Makin' mistakes ain't a crime, you know. What's the use of having a reputation if you can't ruin it every now and then?”
Heart
Family is a very big thing for Alex; they mean the world to him. And when the right girl comes around, she becomes part of that, too. A handful of people get a special place in Alex's heart, a place that means he'd do anything to protect them. He's not an overbearing bodyguard (most of the time)--he's protective in a way that makes your heart stop a beat then pick up at an extremely fast pace.
“I want to know how to make this girl laugh. I want to know what makes her cry. I want to know what it feels like to have her look at me as if I’m her knight in shinning armor.”
Espanol
Chico is a Mexicano, a Latino--and he's not afraid to show it. Alejandro Fuentes rolls an r off his tongue so smoothly, like a cat purring. Some of what he says is foul, but a lot of the time it's just another name to call Brittany, his love interest in Perfect Chemistry. Some guys call their girls "babe" and "sweetheart"--Alex'll call you "mi vida," "mujer," and "mamacita."
Mi vida, if I kiss you, I guarantee there’s gonna be tongue.”
Mechanic
What is it about guys working on cars that's so hot? Alex spends a lot of his time in the garage and shop, working on cars and fixing things. Not to get all English-class on you, but working on cars could symbolize Alex's life and what's happening in it. There's also the fact that some, um, interesting things happen at the shop...
“We’re actors in our lives, pretendin’ to be who we want people to think we are.”
Indescribable
I may be describing Alex throughout this post, but there really isn't a true way to say or show who he is. (You just have to meet him yourself.) He's just Alejandro Fuentes, the boy everyone warns you about but your heart leaps for anyway.
“You are the one girl that made me risk everything for a future worth having.”
Sexy
I've only been saying this for, like, the entire post, but chico es muy caliente. Seriously, he is worthy of some major swoonage. It's not just the obvious sexiness--it's who he is, deep down, as a person. And it's also his smokin' hot looks. (Tattoos. I love tattoos.) He rides a motorcycle. (Holy hotness.) The things he says are pretty sexy, too. Oh, and what he does--woo! Excuse me, I need to go stand in front of a fan for a few days and cool myself down. Alex Fuentes is almost too hot to handle!
“He has eyes so expressive they give a hint to more than what he portrays. He’s dedicated to his friends, family, and even his motorcycle  He touched me as if I were made of glass. He kissed me as if he’d savor it for the rest of his life.” 
Trouble 
"I knew you were trouble when you walked in..." So, Alex isn't an angel. (But really, who is?) He makes some bad decisions and does some bad things. He has tattoos (not that I'm complaining) and is marked up with evidence that he's part of LB, Latino Blood, a gang you really, really don't want to mess with. Boy can handle a gun and take care of himself in a fight. He's trouble, all right. But trouble isn't always a bad thing.
“I'm not starting any fights. I might finish one though.”
Rebellious
To add to being trouble, Alex can be quite the rebel. (He's a Fuentes; I think it runs in their genes.) His mouth can run off and say not-so-nice things, and he also does some very not-so-nice things. He may use you, depending on who you are. Alex isn't always fond of rules, either. However, that rebelliousness has the potential to morph into something great.
It's your image, what Alex Fuentes is all about. It's your brand, your logo...dangerous, deadly, hot and sexy Mexican.
Yours
Once he finds the one, that girl that's his life, that's it. He's done. He's pretty darn committed and he's yours, and you're his. He'll say sweet things and do sweet things, all of which put butterflies in your stomach. (For reals, this book will put some major butterflies in your stomach.) Alex Fuentes will make you weak at the knees, and you can't help falling for him. And if he falls for you, then you are one very, very lucky girl. 
Mujer, you own my soul.

So that's Alex Fuentes: sugar, spice, and everything hot. He's the guy you hate to love and a delicious dose of danger that you need in your life. If you haven't met him, I'd highly suggest reading Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. In the meantime, join Alex's Gang and vote for him--you know you want to, amigos! And muchas gracias!

****************************************

Noah S. from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Hi everyone! I'm Sara from The Page Sage and I'm representing Noah Shaw from the amazing Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin. There are no words to express how excited I am to be advocating a character from one of my favorite series. I can't wait to tell you all about Noah... So let's get started, shall we? 

Let’s talk looks.
Noah is gorgeous. He has messy, just-got-out-of-bed hair with a sexy five o’clock shadow. His clothes are constantly in disarray, in a way his tall, lean form can most definitely pull off. As for his smile, it’s one of those half-smirks, as if he’s hiding a secret. His eyes? A smoldering gray-blue. 
But what about brains?
I mean, looks are nice, but intelligence is truly attractive. And Noah is smart. I’m not just basing that on his witty repartee- he’s also widely read. (I mean, come on: a BOOKISH hot guy. Excuse me while I swoon.)

British Accent.
He has one. Need I say more?
YA Sisterhood
What else do you need to know about Noah Shaw?
1.) He saved a dying dog.

2.) He’s a tortured soul.

3.) He plays guitar.

4.) He’s the King of Sexual Innuendos.
’Why do you always look like you just rolled out of bed?’
‘Because usually I have.’ And the way he raised his eyebrow at me made my blush.”

5.) He’s also terribly romantic.
“‘Mara, I have never felt about anyone the way I feel about you. And when you're ready for me to show you,’ he said, brushing my hair to the side, ‘I'm going to kiss you.’ His thumb grazed my ear and his hand curved around my neck. He leaned me backward and my eyes fluttered closed. I breathed in the scent of him as he leaned in and kissed the hollow under my ear. My pulse raced under his lips.
‘And I won't settle for anything less.
’”

What more can you want in a Crush, right? He's drop-dead sexy with razor sharp intelligence, with a British accent and devious smile. BUT, in case I haven't convinced you yet, I wrote a song based on his relationship with Mara. (Which, admittedly, may not convince you at all, but I get points for effort, right?)



Mara was told she'd "love him to ruins." Now it's our turn to love Noah to victory!

***********************************

*The Polls are now CLOSED*