Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Match #20: Warner(6) vs Will(2) goes to Will!



Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's 3rd Annual YA Crush Tourney!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am EST every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Winner of Match #20 is Will!







Hey this is Stacey and Pixie from Page Turners. Stop by and check us out sometime. Warner isn't the normal type of guy PTB advocates for - in fact, his competition is more our style.  But we hoping we'll be able to sway your vote to Warner. 

Warner is a bad guy, you know he is the bad guy, but you just don't care.  There is just something about Warner, we can't explain it...

We decided to give you little glimpses(quotes) into the mystery that is Warner. We'll admit at first he is quite infuriating - that is, until you get to know him, know his history and then you realize - He is smart, strong, loyal to a fault, loves his mama and would do anything for Juliette. Even if it means humbling himself to prove he is worthy of her love.

Also, by using quotes we get to show you how beautifully and uniquely written these books are...

Juliette -

“His smile is laced with dynamite. "Go to sleep"

"Go to hell."

He works his jaw. Walks to the door. "I'm working on it.” ― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

“I hear Warner laugh.

I see him smile.

It's the kind of smile that transforms him into someone else entirely, the kind of smile that puts stars in his eyes and a dazzle on his lips and I realize I've never seen him like this before. I've never seen his teeth--so straight, so white, nothing less than perfect. A flawless, flawless exterior for a boy with a black, black heart. It's hard to believe there's blood on the hands of the person I'm staring at. He looks soft and vulnerable--so human. His eyes are squinting from all his grinning and his cheeks are pink form the cold.

He has dimples.

He's easily the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

And I wish I'd never seen it.” ― Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

“And he leans in, so carefully. Breathing and not breathing and hearts beating between us and he’s so close, he’s so close and I can’t feel my legs anymore. I can’t feel my fingers or the cold or the emptiness of this room because all I feel is him, everywhere, filling everything and he whispers

“Please.”

He says “Please don’t shoot me for this.”

And he kisses me.

His lips are softer than anything I've ever known, soft like a first snowfall, like biting into cotton candy, like melting and floating and being weightless in water. It’s sweet, it’s so effortlessly sweet. And then it changes.

“Oh God—”

He kisses me again, this time stronger, desperate, like he has to have me, like he’s dying to memorize the feel of my lips against his own. The taste of him is making me crazy; he’s all heat and desire and peppermint and I want more. I've just begun reeling him in, pulling him into me when he breaks away. He’s breathing like he’s lost his mind and he’s looking at me like something has broken inside of him, like he’s woken up to find that his nightmares were just that, that they never existed, that it was all just a bad dream that felt far too real but now he’s awake and he’s safe and everything is going to be okay and

I’m falling.

I’m falling apart and into his heart and I’m a disaster.” ― Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me
Warner -
“I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.

And I've fallen.

So hard.

I've hit the ground.
Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.” ― Tahereh Mafi, Destroy Me

“If it were nothing but sexual attraction I’m sure I would not suffer such unbearable humiliation. But I wanted so much more than her body.” ― Tahereh Mafi
He has a way with words - swoon....
“I want so many things,” he whispers.

“I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time.” His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says “I want this up.” He tugs on the waist of my pants and says “I want these down.” He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says, “I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it’s racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never,” he says, he breathes, “never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it.”   ― Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.” ― Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

the dimples


Okay enough rambling, quoting and posting pretty pictures - hopefully we have proven that Warner is definitely crush worthy. 

***************************************************


TMI Movie News: We are a fansite for all things Cassie Clare. We are obscenely passionate about The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, especially our boys Jace and Will Herondale! We keep everyone up to date on the important fandom related news including books, movies, hawt characters and just plain fan-crushing. Please check us out on our site MortalInstrumentsMovies.com , Twitter: TMI_MovieNews, and Tumblr: CityofBonesMovie! William Herondale, what can you say about Will? He is snark and wit to all, yet sweet to those who've captured his devotion. Guarded to protect not only mortals but his own heart, yet more vulnerable than most. He loves reading and poetry, but can also wield a seraph blade with astonishing skill. Will is strength and control, but he is also beauty and reckless abandon. To know him and not love him seems impossible. His kindness is found by the true observer. Will is deep violet blue eyes, and ink black hair that often falls in his eyes. Will has thick lashes, and elegant features; he is well built with broad shoulders and strong muscles. “His eyes were steady and blue they were everything Will was; true and tender, sharp and witty, loving and kind.”   Behind his walls Will is just someone who wants to be loved, to be part of a family and let those people care for him. He is a romantic; his love is fierce and unyielding. He will do anything and everything for those he loves no matter the cost to himself. “He bent to put his cheek against hers. His breath against her ear made her shudder with each deliberately spoken word. "I have wanted to do this," he said, "every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you.”

will 11  

Will Herondale is somewhat of a kicked puppy; in desperate need of help but just wants love and he'll protect you. He has had a tragic childhood; he has punished himself by pushing away anyone who could possibly love him. He is self sacrificing almost to the point of masochism. His control and restraint for the betterment of others is unparalleled, placing him leagues beyond what most heroes are capable.
Will would do anything for Jem his parabatai; even give up his own happiness and dreams for Jem. Nearly selling his soul to help make Jem’s life a little easier, providing not only tangible palliatives but also those of friendship and loyalty. “Our souls are knit. We are one person, James.”
A true literature hero must win our hearts thru writ, and no one does it better than Will. He loves books as much as we do. The boy can whip out a quote from any number of classics to suit the moment or express his feelings - oh my.

“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” I will be honest with you, Will. We flipping LOVE you more than words could express! If his wisecracks don't enamor you, watch out for his naked vulnerability, expressed to only one. 

Will has mastered the art of killing Demons, while he does not have any supernatural abilities he knows how to fight his way out of the whole schmear. And while your donning 17th century grace, that's a tough act to beat. Chivalrous protection? Yes, please! Ah...but be warned, never will he oppress your dignity or honor. Once earned, you will maintain his loyalty and protection, unthreatened by disrespect or belittlement. His valiance is that of humility and earnestness to earn love, not for intimidation or domination. Will is also hilarious; his brand of sarcasm and dark wit will leave you rolling...or blushing.  Take for instance his opinion on ducks. “Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?"
"They ate it too, Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”

Duck

And there's always the less innocent remarks - "Do you think you can be trusted in Downworld? The gaming hells, the dens of magical vice, the women of loose morals..." Will smiled the way Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from heaven. "Would tomorrow be too early to start looking, do you think? " Have you ever noticed how "Will" is always the cornerstone of all great phrases, like Will you marry me or Where there's a Will there's a way? Finally, and perhaps one of the headiest arguments, because of Will we got Jace Wayland-Morgenstern-Lightwood-Herondale, another flawless character who you can’t help but fall in love with! You simply can't help falling deeply, madly and heinously fully in love with William Herondale - “What he needs now is to love and have that love returned.”

************************************

*POLLS ARE NOW CLOSED.*